Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This American Life Podcast Write-Up

The episode I chose to listen to was titled "Getting Away With It", #477 and was released on October 21st. Overall it was a clever theme where the host interviewed guests who broke rules and got away with it. Needless to say there was many interesting stories. I wish I could have shared a few of my own. I laughed a lot during it. As to the acts in it I believe there was 4 of them, I'm not too sure exactly but he talked with 4 guests the first one I will elaborate on later. The next four I didn't find to be as funny, I guess the stories to me felt dragged out and longer than necessary. One was easily over 15 minutes and I completely lost interest. Other than that there was some breaks where the host did a lot of talking and shared some other stories sent in by other people which were almost as funny as the first in my opinion.
One act I thought was very funny was the first one involving Ken Hegan and travel writer that has an awkward encounter with the women in front of him. He carried a gadget with him called a knee defender because he is a tall person and it gives him more knee space but limiting the amount the person in front of him can recline their seat. When he did this he was supposed to give the person in front of him a card that said that he was using this device which he did and it did not go over in a bad way as I would have thought which is incredibly funny in my mind. I would have thought it would have caused a tremendous amount of awkwardness and possibly hostility. Overall a very funny and entertaining interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment